Saturday, March 14, 2009

whats new will be gone

I haven't said much lately. I am struggling with letting go of things such as the house, Devin's job, our life in Pekin, the dreams I had of Kai going to preschool here,and ALL my furniture, all things we've had for less then a year. Can you imagine your spouse not having a job anymore and having to uproot you and your family out of state and part with your favorite treadmill, bunkbeds that you imagined your kids in for years, a crib that you wanted your next child to sleep in, a bbq that you always wanted and got to use just once, or how about your first bedroom set that you got when you got married and you still LOVE it?? I know it's all stuff but not having a lot of money to begin with and knowing that you may or may not be able to replace it is very tough. So, yes I'm struggling with letting go of control and the 'stuff' that I so dearly treasure. I'm sure this is all part of God's plan to have me depend soley on him and let go of all those material treasures that I love. My theme song right now and for a couple years actually has been this: "You give and take away. You give and take away. Still my heart will choose to say... blessed be your name!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails