Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Being a mom

When I grow up I want to be a mom. I think I said it all the time when I was young. But did I really know what that meant? Sometimes I feel like all I ever do is wipe poopy butts, argue over food with my picky eater, clean up, say things like "do you have to go potty, no you can't watch anymore tv, don't touch that, do you need a time out, someone needs a nap, and the list goes on! I have been feeling wrapped up in feelings of guilt from the amount of yelling that goes on these days and the lack of learning that should be going on in my house.

Moms have such a unique responsibility for caring for their children and raising them up as best as possible. I enjoy the prayers at night before bed, the cuddle time, the adoration, and the occasional manners. I think it's easy to start feeling overwhelmed and discouraged but God entrusted us these children and he knows what we struggle with. I think I'll take it one day at a time as my patience increases (I hope) and I mature as a parent hopeful things will pay off in the end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails