Saturday, December 20, 2008

#3


My little mouse friend #3 was caught! This wasn't just any mouse. This was a very smart one. I had traps down for a week or two right where he lived (behind my refrigerator) and in the pantry (his favorite spot at night). He never went into them! The other two mice were caught in 24 hours of me laying the trap down right by their hideout. So I decided that I have to be smarter then the mouse! Maybe the mouse doesn't prefer peanut butter like the other two mice. So I gave the little mouse a buffet of a grape, some cheese, a cheez-it, a little oatmeal, and peanut butter. By morning my mouse was caught!

So here is the problem....what if there is more then 3 mice? I have this feeling that it's a nice little mouse family setting up their own little village in places like my underwear drawer or something. Yuck! I can't bring myself to kill the mice but I certainly don't want to share a space with them.

Apparently Kai is so use to the mice that he plays with his toys and they talk about going potty, naps, and of course mice! I wonder if Nash's first word will be mouse.

1 comment:

A. said...

These are just in places you can see. They generally live in the walls or the attic. ;) Think about just how many there could be. They breed rather quickly too, and from a young age. Just wait, you will be all too read to go for the kill when you see one run along side your sleeping toddler. EEEWWWW!

By the way, I'm sorry to hear that the flu has struck your home. So awful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails