Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cleaning tricks

I've mentioned that I have been cleaning houses for a few months. I have learned all about different products and what works best. I have also learned some tricks. I think I will share this information with my readers because it's made me a better housekeeper in my own home and we all want to have clean homes right?

Floors:
If you have the money buy a Kirby vaccuum cleaner. If you don't have the money just buy one that works. ;)
This is a great mop http://www.mamalibman.com/index.aspx?src=PDI&ct=2&pid=114
I use it myself and it's cheap.

Windows:
I find that Windex is my favorite but if you want to be more "green" you can mix peroxide and water to create your own window cleaner.

Couch:
If your couch smells just use Febreeze. If it's microfiber, use a damp cloth first. Take the time, vaccuum your couch!

Coffee pot/hard water stains:
We have hard water here in Illinois so every clear dish gets a residue. Also the sinks get a ring around the drain. Just let it soak in Vinegar and it will take the residue right out. Same with the coffee pot stains.

Stove:
No time to clean a stove top grills (gas stove)? Just put them in the dishwasher.

Kitchen:
I love this Photobucket

Bathroom:
Photobucket
This is a great cleaner. Also, use wash cloths when cleaning the tub and counter. They are so much easier to use and wash. Paper towels are just a pain!

Toilet:
Photobucket
Scrubbing Bubbles-this wand is easy to use and the flushables are fairly cheap. I would rather dish out the money for this then use Comet, gloves, and a sponge.

Well that's all I can think of but I will post more as I learn. Just remember not to get overwhelmed and take one room at a time.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Ugg, I hate cleaning! I will look into that floor mop though. Jacob will be mobile here in the next few months and I'd like to have something quick and easy to clean the floors with. Thanks for the tips!

A. said...

Toilets are the worst. Ew.
Vinegar and water are my favored all purpose cleaner. I use it in my swiffer too. :)

I have to say though, as far as vac's, we've gone through SO many, at least one a year, and finally decided to invest. We got a Dyson and have not been disappointed yet. it actually gets up ALL the dog hair, and doesn't spit stuff back at my feet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails