Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home As A Pep Rally

I'm reading a book right now with my moms group called "My Heart's at Home" by Jill Savage. I really enjoyed this last chapter called Home as a Pep Rally. It talks all about celebrating your children as a family. Here are some of my favorite ideas from the chapter:

*For birthdays make a tradition to sit down and show them their photo albums from birth up, decorate their room while their sleeping so they wake up to balloons and streamers, have cake and ice cream for breakfast, or go out to their favorite restaurant for dinner

*If they get a grade other then an A and you know they tried their best, put it up on the refrigerator and celebrate it

*If there is a game or recital that they are in and their siblings can come, have everyone come along to cheer their sibling on.

*Celebrate accomplishments and always have party favors on supply

"A Family's love makes a house a home"

I those were some great ideas, especially the birthday ones because I'm always looking for new traditions!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails