Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too good not to make!


For those of you who have been ignoring my recipes and NOT writing them down like you should have...humph! That was me making a strange upset noise. So anyways, I made this Macaroni and Cheese recipe last night and it is just too good not to make! I've had this a lot of times at my mom's house but I haven't made it myself and I really needed some comfort California food since it's so cold and snowy here. (more on that in the next post!) So write this recipe down and go to the store get the ingredients and make it tonight for your family! You won't regret it! Even Mr. Picky Pickerson Kai ate it! Now that has to say something?

1 1/2 cups of uncooked macaroni
1/4 cup of butter
1 small onion(1/4 cup)chopped (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup milk
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese in cubes

Cook and drain pasta. Cook and stir butter, salt, pepper, and onion until tender. Then blend in the flour. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until smooth and bubbling. Remove from heat; stir in milk. Put back on stove and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted (or almost melted). Put in ungreased casserole dish. Bake 375 for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Eli's Lids said...

Our computer has a virus and I can't log in to hotmail. I want to put up your post tonight can you email everything to me again at my eli's lids account? Love this one too! You are awesome!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails