Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thankfulness Day 59




April 7th......

This day last year the kids and I were on a plane moving from Illinois back to California. I thought naturally my husband would be 'rewarded' a job very soon because we moved out there following what God was wanting us to do and left everything behind. We both gave our all to make it work there and then there was a lot of hurt in the process. Moving home we were both quite broken but I held out the faith that God would give Devin a job fast despite the recession.

1 year later and no job. Tons of great opportunities that fell through last minute. Lots of churches. More disappointments then I can record. It's safe to say that God knew better then us and giving us a job right away would get in the way of the growth that He needed us to go through. And growth we did!!!! I seriously feel like an old woman from the amount of patience, trust, wisdom, and dependence I've had to learn in this last year.

I'm glad we had to go through this because I know that God will bring us into a place with much more authority and trust us that much more coming out of this. We have been those trees that settled on the fake fruits and didn't want to let them go. Through this process the Lord has pruned us (John 15:2) and is giving us His fruit that lasts.

I'm not gonna lie, this year has been the toughest I've ever gone through and we are still in it! So I will cling to this verse:
Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God


Leaving Illinois was like a death to a dream for my family. I miss things and people there so much but I must not look back. I'm encouraged to look ahead because I serve a faithful and good God who will not let me fall.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails