Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thankfulness Day 132:: Praying for our kids

Did you know that I do hair?  "Do" as in I am a licensed Cosmetologist.  I went to Beauty School when I was 17 and then got my license.  That is a young age to start your career don't you think?  I thought so and after a few years I called it quits!  However I still love to do it and look at it as a sort of Ministry with the discount prices I offer.  I love to connect with people and I sort of get to 'choose' my clients.  (I like easy going easy to please people! he he)  However if I was walking with God during that time I think I would have chose differently and probably would have saved myself a lot of pain and heartache.

What if we started to pray that our children would know what they are suppose to do at a young age.  If we started to pray that they would hear God's voice loudly calling them and directing them even when they are small.  Can you imagine some of the heartache and so called wasted time we may have avoided?    So I'm now trying to be intentional about praying that my boys would hear God's voice at a young age, know it, and follow it so that they would be richly blessed with Wisdom and Understanding that only our Lord could give them. 

I challenge you to do it to because we can move mountains right?  Because if we want wisdom we are just to ask right?  Because we can't do this parenting thing alone and we aren't suppose to right? 

Today I am thankful that God works all things together for good even when we weren't following His leading.

3 comments:

Jen and Bern said...

Great post!Such a good reminder to pray for our little one's, no matter what age. :) I'm going to start being more specific.

Frugalissa Finds said...

We ask Easton what he wants to be when he grows up and he said for the longest time a veternarian. Him and Makenlee want to be vets together. Wouldn't that be cute. Anyway well recently someone asked him that and he said, "I want to be a superhero." Then they guy said, "Well, we need more of those in this world."

Devin S said...

It's amazing how a 5 year old will know at a young age what they think they should be....

My aunt asked me when I was 5 and I was adamant about becoming a pastor.... GO figure... hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails