Oops I forgot to post yesterday and I learned some great stuff last night so here it is!
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
5 things we can to do to redeem disappointment:
1. go before the Lord and honestly pour out to him. e.g. my situation that’s not fair
2. find your voice in the psalms...so we can speak our hurt to God
3. wait in situation until peace from heaven comes.....if we are in position of pride then we don't trust God. if we trust, we get peace and will have understanding of the situation
4. worship and praise in each situation
5. remember what god has done for you....biblical reference was when asked to set up a place of remembrance in heaven so people can remember all the good things God did for us
Today I am so thankful for learning how to take my disappointment to the Lord and not having to sit in it!