Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankfulness Day 32

There is nothing like a drill in your mouth with various bits of your teeth flying around your face as you try to stay calm and wonder if you'll ever feel your tongue & lips again. Yes my friends, I had three cavities filled today. Three. The dentist was amazing however (Dr. Gregg Peterson in Newport Beach) and I didn't feel any shots. Still waiting on feeling the inside of my mouth again.....

My blessing today took place earlier at the doctor for Kai. Dr. Michael Shannon at Seaview Pediatrics http://www.seaviewpeds.com found out Devin is still out of work and told me there will be no charge for today and had the nurse return my $30 copay to me. He saw that Kai had 2 ear infections and told me they will clear up on their own and gave me some free Garlic ear drops to fight the infection. He told me that money should never prevent my children from being seen. You don't even know the sense of peace that gives me. I've learned I can pray off some things but not yet all and so I need a doctor. :)

I am so very thankful that there are people in this world who are not out for their own gain and truly represent the love of Christ. Thank you Doctor Shannon.

1 comment:

A. said...

Awww - what a great doctor!
We've always used garlic ear oil. it's worked wonders. We've yet to have to use antibiotics for ear infections. That and we avoid all dairy, sugar, and citrus at the first sign of a cold, to avoid the extra mucus and ear infections.

Related Posts with Thumbnails