Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thankfulness Day 35


Money.
I hear a lot about it and the Bible talks about it more then any other subject. Money is what can come between a man and God. Money can rule our lives, leave us worried, leave us wanting more, and leave us with sleepless nights. Yesterday I heard that the richest man in the world could pay off all the worlds debt in 6 hours of his typical working day. There is someone out there that could actually end world hunger. Can you believe that someone could change the world in an instant yet they don't probably because of the power that they hold with it. It's sad. I've heard some other stuff but I'm still processing it.

At church this morning our pastor spoke about money that someone had sitting in their savings for a down payment on a house. They had been saving for a long time and it was a big chunk of money. However this couple felt the pull of God on their hearts to give the money away. Not that it's bad to have a house or save for a house but that God had greater plans for it then sitting in the bank. We were all challenged today to give out of the abundance that the Lord has blessed us financially (so we don't hoard the money, get a hardened heart, and become greedy), give extra time we may have, or skills we can help others with. The response was huge from the congregation.

You can't out give God

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

We are accountable for what he gives us

Luke 16:10
He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.


Today I am thankful that all that matters to God is my heart and all my earthly possessions will pass away and what will remain are the treasures in heaven and did I use all that was given to me for His kingdom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails