I'm starting a new segment called Featured Friday and I will tell you about a business I came across and love every Friday! We'll get down to the bottom of how they started it and what kind of person is behind such brilliant products!
Today I'm featuring Cakes and Kids. I stumbled across Julie's Etsy Shop and loved all her products! Her website cakesandkids.com is so unique as she gives you so many tips on how to make your own cake! I think we moms want to make our own cakes but just don't know where to start! Well she really breaks it down and wants to see us Mommy's succeed!
How cute are these fondant owls?!!?
7 Questions we NEED to know!
1. Tell us about yourself: I'm a working Mom to 3 wonderful kids (two boys and a girl). My day job is on online marketing and outside of that I love to spend time with my family and my Etsy store. I love the creative outlet that working with fondant provides.
2. When did you make your first cake? I made my first cake after my first child was born. Having children inspired me to get creative with baking and.
3. What is the most popular? The most popular right now are the owls and the monkeys.
4. What one product can you not live without? Hmmm - that's a good one and there are quite a few but when thinking about my topper store specifically it would have to be my edible food pens. There's no other way to get such fine details onto fondant.
5. What is your favorite cake flavor? My favorite cake flavor is awith an almond buttercream and raspberry preserve filling.
6. Any advice for the newbie cake decorators out there? Just take the plunge and don't be afraid to try new things. There are so many ways to make this easy, from shaped cake pans to edible decorations, anyone can get started. I originally started my website, blog and then my Etsy store to enable Moms to make their own cakes and make them special.
7. What one word would you use to describe you? The one word that describes me best is probably "driven". I'm always looking for the next challenge - not that being a Mom of 3 with a full-time job and a part-time business isn't challenging enough :)
Thank you Julie it was great to meet you and my children's birthday cakes will look better because of you!
Today I am thankful for Julie and the her heart for wanting to help us moms.