Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thankfulness Day 92:: Donuts

For a majority of my teen and college years I deprived myself of anything with fat.  I worried over every ounce I put in my mouth and had the self control of a show dog (please make note that I am not very good at analogies)

However sometime between then and now things changed. 

*Maybe it was eating everything I spent years avoiding while pregnant! 
*Or could it be that my self esteem has changed and I take joy in my chocolate and fuller figure
*What about simply wanting to see that big smile on my boys faces as they enjoy indulgent foods

I don't know when it happened but it did and now I'm a self proclaimed donut junkie! 

Donut:: A deep-fried piece of dough; key word fried and up to 400 calories! 

Nevertheless I love my new found friend the donut and I promise not to neglect you again!  I secretly look forward to them every Sunday morning at church.  Sometimes when my boys see that they ran out of donuts they get really upset (I do too) and I feel compelled to drive them to the donut store after church to make sure they get one (and maybe one for me too!)



Oh how I love thee my Maple Old Fashioned and I promise to never give you up again!

Today I am very thankful for the foods we get to eat here in the U.S.  They are rich, tasty, and full of flavor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails